Atlanta Spine & Sport is the only licensed ARP Wave Therapy facility in Atlanta. We use a patented FDA-registered class 2 medical device combined with specialized exercises to eliminate pain and increase range of motion.
ARP Wave Technology was developed by Denis Thompson and Jay Schroeder and has helped more than 75,000 patients over a 15-year period with a better than 95% track record. ARP Wave patients recover from injury and chronic pain up to 10 times faster using ARP Wave therapy versus traditional methods.
ARP WAVE RX100 Device
The ARP Wave RX100 is the heart of the ARP Wave pain relief and recovery programs. Many of the ARP Wave RX100’s characteristics are unavailable in any conventional therapeutic neuromuscular electrical stimulator.
The ARP Wave RX100 uses direct current (DC) combined with a patented background wave form to produce tiny muscle contractions which increases active ranges of motion and permits eccentric (lengthening) contractions as well. The ARP Wave RX100 is a class 2 medical device authorized by the FDA for the following uses:
- Muscle Reeducation: Eliminating compensation patterns.
- Relaxation of muscle spasms: Reducing pain in the affected muscles.
- Increased local blood circulation: Shown to speed up healing.
- Prevention and retardation of disuse atrophy: Building muscle strength, quickly.
- Maintaining and increasing range of motion: Increasing the muscles’ ability to absorb force and prevent muscle-related injury.
- The electrical stimulation device (the ARP) possesses specification characteristics that are not found in any conventional therapeutic neuromuscular electrical stimulator (interferential, micro-current, galvanic, Russian stim, iontophoresis).
ARP Wave uses direct current compounded with a high frequency double exponential, patented background waveform. This background wave is harmonious with the body and significantly reduces skin and fatty tissue impedance allowing much deeper penetration of the direct current without the side effects of skin burning.
Also, the unique waveform produces minimal inhibitory protective muscle contractions allowing active range of motion during therapy and training. This permits eccentric (lengthening) contractions to occur which are critical to treatment.
- Wave Form: Compound, double exponential asymmetric with high levels of direct current.
- Power: High power with NO surface burning or surface pain at 0 to 2.5 watts.
- Main Pulse: 40 to 500 pulses per second.
- Background Frequency: High-frequency carrier signal at 10,000 cycles per second. Polarity Direction of electron flow is reversible.
- Depth of Penetration: Deepest soft tissue penetration resonates with the human system, causing the body’s natural resistance to drop out.
ARP Wave treatment, however, is not defined simply by the device being used. ARP Wave protocols have been carefully created to enhance the tissue effects of the ARP Wave RX100 neuromuscular stimulator.
By reducing inhibitory protective muscle contractions, the protocols allow more voltage output to be delivered to the treated tissue. Once maximum voltage is delivered, unique methodologies in strength training are then used to accelerate recovery.
Although the ARP Wave RX100 can be used like a standard neuromuscular electrical stimulator with standard physical therapy and strength training methods, the unique characteristics of the device are best elicited and the subsequent response to treatment are maximized when used in conjunction with the hundreds of specific ARP Wave protocols developed to treat a wide range of muscle injuries.
We are proud to be a top-rated chiropractor in Alpharetta, Johns Creek, & Roswell, GA. – Click here to check out our 5-star reviews!